The Great Sandini

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Messages Through Music!

Wow...I thought tonight, maybe I'll quickly get on line and check my email, facebook and some friends blogs. However, as I visited some blogs I realized that I really needed to leave some type of comment. I don't understand why the reality or cares of life right now seem to be so frustrating. I thought that I was the only person struggling ... but as things really are ... it's more than just me. Tonight, while leaving a comment on a friends blog, I listened to some music from her blog. The first song called, The More I Seek You simply just broke me down. Beginning to think of all of the craziness which life throws our way, then thinking about the words to the song. The more I seek you (God) the more I find you. The more I find you, the more I love you. It's so true and simple to seek God and build that relationship.
Recently, I have stopped seeking God. And the truth is that for a few weeks now I have been unable to commit to making walking away from God and the church a permament decision. Times when I knew I was never going to return to church, God continued to tug at me. Yet I numerously was consistent in pushing away any kind of feelings and positive thoughts of God. I was determined to prove to myself that I might infact be a follower of other people in the church. Convinced that my relationship with God wasn't true, I was all set or All Done. As tonight and into tomorrow morning progresses, I'm thinking how stupid my thought process is sounding right now. It feels so good to just hear some christian music.
Sometimes the Pastor can read my mail, other times messages at church just seem meant for me. Luckly for me tonight the music was used to send a message through me. Through this song list and in this order.
  • The More I Seek You By, Kari Jobe
  • Dancing Generation By,
  • Jesus Be My Everything By, Matt Maher

Right now, at this very moment... I am very glad to know someone who cares enough for God to share his music with others through her blog. Even more I am wishing that the verses referring to Jesus being my everything would happen for me. Tonights preaching made me quickly remember how easy it is to simply seek Jesus. The more I seek him the more I'll love him. The more I love him, the more I'll talk with him and be blessed with the happiness and joy of his presence, which is overwhelming. And the first thing I'm ready to talk with him about his how he can be my everything. The verses of the song say teach me how to pray, to live a life of faith...I'll go anywhere with you. Well, God only knows how much I want him to be my everything.

Finally, I'm going to end this post because it is 2:00 AM. This is definetly an excuse but Jesus did say to rest. But I'm so thankful to share this blog and touching moment with others. I'm really hoping that Jesus will continue to remind me how to live this life of faith.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are AWESOME!!! So is GOD!!!

12/27/08, 5:21 PM  
Blogger Grammie Betimes said...

SAndy those are powerful thoughts. Jesus is reaching out to you in ways that you can receive and respond to. He whispers in your ears and speaks to your heart through the music that touches your soul. Listen and receive. The Messiah of the whole earth has gently touched you in a personal gentle way...and through your friendships and fellowshipping with those who love Him too, He will continue to speak to you. Then, in those quiet alone time moments with Jesus, He alone will shisper faith and strength into your soul. This by the way is from the Lord, to you. All Holy Ghost inspired. I love you Sandy Jones...

12/28/08, 12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home